Saturday, January 16, 2010

Altered Binder

It took me quite awhile to alter this binder today, but it was oh, so fun! I really enjoyed my time. I used *Wink *Wink Ink's stamp, "Jewel" as my main feature. I colored it in with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I'm just sure if you tell by the photo, but I added Stickles to the jewel. I used one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders to emboss the red and black papers under the dragon (the rectangles of paper). The flowers are all made by Prima. I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches for the black side, there. Here's the sketch I used today from Papertake Weekly:

Other challenges I'm entering with this are:

Charisma Cardz
- Anything New (*Wink *Wink Ink is a new company and Jewel is a new stamp!)
Simon Says - Shabby Chic (I distressed quite a bit of the paper and used my Old World Die Cuts With a View pad of paper).
ABC Challenge - L is for Layering
A Spoon Full of Sugar - a recipe (3 pieces of designer paper, 1 piece ribbon, 3 flowers, and 3 buttons).
Crafty Creations - Textures.
Cinema Saturday - A Night at the Museum (that adorable dragon did remind me of this movie as did the colors!)

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you get a chance, you should see all the new, adorable stamps *Wink *Wink Ink has to offer! I've been having SO much fun with them! :)

14 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love those papers and the dragon is so adorable. Your sewing is so neat too.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!!!!! Rachael!!!!! I love love love this!!! You did SUCH an awesome job with this image!! Your layout just rocks and I REALLY adore these fun images that Melanie came out with!! I so look forward to working with you girls!! You guys ROCK!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulosu card love the image and great paper
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dragon is so cute! i love how you've colored and sparkled it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us on Crafty Creations with your lovely work! I hope to see you back next time! :)

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is wonderful, luv the cute little dragon.

    thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how fantastic and I just love the image you have used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute. The colouring of the wee dragon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - lovely card - great image! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card :-) I love this dragon image, isn't she cute ! and the papers and embellies are fab ! :-)

    thanks for joining the ABC, PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)

    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That cute dragon is adorable and the layout is simply PERFECT!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate getting comments, so thank you in advance! :)