Saturday, December 5, 2009

Two Projects

Sorry for my absence! I think I mentioned before that I'm in the middle of a move. It's getting to a busier point in the move, so that's why I haven't had as much crafty time. After everything is packed up I may have to take a 6-month break (more or less) from crafting. I'll sure miss it! I'm going to Nicaragua with my family for the winter. We may end up moving down there (we're putting everything in storage here until we're sure). My husband and I are farmers and would love to find an affordable place to farm year round, so that's mainly why we're considering moving to Nicaragua. Also, we could afford to hire a housekeeper (more time for crafting for me) and farm help for my husband. Anywho... all of that to say I may not be around as much! :o( I'm going to miss everyone, but I'll be back to crafting as soon as I can! I'll also be posting everything I'm able to make before everything is packed up, so this won't be my last post! :)

Here's a card I made for Creative Card Crew's challenge, "Christmas". Actually, I made six of these cards. They're very simple compared to most of my cards, but with Christmas just around the corner I had to make some quick ones!


The stamp is from The Angel Company, paper from Die Cuts With a View, I used Stampin' Up ink, and my petite oval Nestabilities, of course. I LOVE Nestabilities!

Next, I'm showing all of your the gift I made someone very dear to me - my mother:


I painted the unfinished mini dresser with acrylic paint, then covered the drawers, sides, and back with Die Cuts With a View paper from, "The Green Stack", I dabbed on a bunch of walnut ink on the knobs, then distressed all of the edges of paper! It was a fun project and I know my mom will love it, because she saw the one my friend, Melanie made me and wanted one of her own. My mom will use it to store her jewelry in. Oh, and I should definitely mention I got the idea from my friend, Melanie whose mini dresser turned out far better than mine! Melanie is a wonderful artist who will be coming out with her own line of digital stamps soon! I can't wait to show all of you!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. HI
    I want to create a Christmas gift for my granddaughter and am looking for a unfinished mini dresser like the one you used. Could you tell me where you found it?
    Thanks!
    MJeswald
    jeswald67@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate getting comments, so thank you in advance! :)