Thursday, November 12, 2009

Swing by Sometime!

Here's a card I made for Flourishes Newsletter challenge, "Favorite Things". The inspiration came from The Sound of Music song:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things


The line that inspired my card is, " Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes". I loved this challenge. I wouldn't mind making another card for it!

The second challenge I participated in today was Quixotic's "Stitching" challenge. As you can see, I did plenty of machine stitching on my card!

The third challenge was A Spoonful of Sugar's, "Create a Scene". I hope mine qualifies for that. The cloud is a separate stamp from my girl on the swing!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! Love your use of ribbons and buttons! stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect stamp set for this challenge! I didn't even realize it! LOL! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy jeepers!! Your work is amazing!! I've now found another inspirational spot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beauitufl beautiful card!! I adore this image...it is so full of life! Love your stitching and thank you for joining us over at QP this week! Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate getting comments, so thank you in advance! :)